For better pics of this check out my friend's blog http://ckiong.wordpress.com
Ingredients- 6 pears (cored, peeled and halved)
- 1 1/2 cups port
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 anise stars
- cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup marscapone cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pour the port, wine, sugar, anise and cinnamon sticks in a heavy saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer 15 minutes.
- Put the pear halves in the sauce and cook for 30 minutes till tender.
- Remove the Pears to a dish. Continue to cook the sauce to it reduces to a syrup. Strain and keep for later.
- The last 4 ingrediensts combined and whisked to form a cream. Use a piping bag to serve with 2 pear halves and a topping of the syrup.