Wednesday, 12 September 2012
This time made a half batch which produced 10 cinnamon rolls.
I made 4 toppings : Peanut butter, Vanilla, Lemon and Coffee flavoured.
Taste was good but the dough was a little heavy. Again i think a problem with the yeast fermintation. Trial and error process continues ...
Thursday, 6 September 2012
|Bacon, Mushroom, Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese, Sweet Basil for a Savoury Crepe|
|Bacon, Sliced Banana and Honey for a Sweet Crepe|
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/4 tsp pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp castor sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour and eggs
- Add the salt, sugar and butter and gradually add the milk till smooth.
- Prepare an 8" fry pan on medium heat with a little butter.
- Pour enough mixture to coat the pan thinly.
- Cook for 2 minutes till lightly brown and then turn for a further 1-2 minutes.
Sunday, 2 September 2012
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g plain flour
- Juice from 1 lemon and a teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbls lemon juice + some zest
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbls cream (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in 1 egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture along with the lemon juice and zest.
- Combine well and then cover the dish and put in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a dough cutter, cut into the desired shapes.
- Place on greased baking paper and bake for 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the lemon glaze ingredients and stir till all the sugar dissolves.
- Dip the cookies in the lemon glaze and allow to set.