- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 200g plain flour
- Juice from 1 lemon and a teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbls lemon juice + some zest
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbls cream (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar and then beat in 1 egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture along with the lemon juice and zest.
- Combine well and then cover the dish and put in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a dough cutter, cut into the desired shapes.
- Place on greased baking paper and bake for 6-8 minutes until just starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Combine the lemon glaze ingredients and stir till all the sugar dissolves.
- Dip the cookies in the lemon glaze and allow to set.