Cut this one to be half an inch thick - the idea is a crunchy exterior met by a softer interior and of course the star of the show are the almonds.
Recipes on the internet I often find are too sweet so I modified this one to use half a cup of sugar rather than 1 cup of sugar. I think next time i'll split the difference and use 3/4. I reckon the baking time should drop to 40 minutes rather than 50, next time round. Still a really crunchy, nice biscotti which is easy to prepare...
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar (note what i said above, use 3/4 cup)
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees, 140 for fan-forced.
- Roast 150g almonds. Allow to cool and coarsely chop.
- Pour out onto a greased baking sheet on a cookie tray.
- Shape into a rectangle about 10 inch x 6 inch.
- Cook for 50 minutes until firm (I want to try 40 minutes).
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 1/2 inch strips.
- Turn the biscotti cut side down and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Turn to the opposite side and cook for another 15 minutes till browned.