|Banana Panna cotta with Strawberry ganache and roasted walnuts|
An absolutely delightful dessert full of flavor and variety. Perfect for when you have that carton of left over cream!!
- A cup of cooking cream (because that is what I had)
- A cup of fresh milk
- One packet (2 tsp of plain gelatin)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 60g brown sugar
- 2 tblsp run extract
- 2 tbls fresh lemon juice
For the Ganache
- 1 punnet of strawberries (about 200 grams, remove the bits that aren't nice to eat!)
- 60g of white sugar
- a little cream
- water to thin the sauce
- 3 tblsp crushed roasted walnuts
- In a small bowl put 3 tblsp of cold water and pour over the gelatin and leave to set for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the cream and milk to the boil.
- Meanwhile (lots going on at the same time :-) ) mash the bananas sugar, rum extract and lemon juice till smooth
- Use a blender if you have it for the previous step.
- When the cream boils remove it from the heat and stir in the gelatin mixture until completely dissolved.
- Add the banana mix and whisk in till smooth.
- Pour the filling into 4 greased ramekins and refridgerate for 3-4 hours.
- Heat the strawberries and cream and sugar, and with a masher mash the strawberries. This will be easy as the mixture warms up.
- Stir until smooth and if it gets too thick add some water. Refridgerate till ready to serve.
- When plating up, run a sharp knife around the edge of the glass and that should help the panna cotta slip out into the middle of your plate, forming the VOLCANO.
- Top it with strawberry ganache to show the lava from the volcano and top with walnuts as the rock starts to harden. Geologists will love this one :-)