|Plenty of flavour is this gorgeous dish.|
- 2 chicken breasts skin off, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 cups of assorted mushrooms coarsely chopped
- a dozen asparagus spears cut into 2 inch strips
- 4 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 red chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dill finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream (15% fat)
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat one tblsp of oil in a heavy based fry pan.
- add the asparagus spears and sear for 1 minute.
- add a few tblsp of water and cover allowing the asparagus to steam for few minutes
- Remove the aspagus to a small bowl.
- Add a tblsp of oil to the pan and add the mushrooms
- Saute for a few minutes till soft and then add to the bowl with the asparagus.
- Heat the rest of the oil and add the garlic and chili frying for 1 minute on low heat.
- increase the heat and add the chicken and dill and stir fry the chicken for 7-8 minutes
- Re-introduce the asparagus and mushroom and add the wine and cream.
- Heat to simmer and allow the mixture to reduce down infusing the flavours adding salt and pepper as desired.