Lest we forget!
125g unsalted butter
3 tablespoons golden syrup
2 tablespoons water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup plain flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup fine brown sugar
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1) Pre-heat oven to 150C (fan-forced. higher for conventional ovens)
2) Melt the butter and add then add the water and golden syrup
3) Mix together then add the bicarb of soda. Mixture will froth and become creamy
4) In a medium sized bowl sift the flour then combine the oats, sugar and coconut
5) Stir in the butter mixture.
6) Form balls about an inch and a half in diameter and place on a line baking tray. Flatten a little with a fork and then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray before transferring to a rack to dry.