Rum balls are a great treat for a festive occasion. But why not make them just any time? Dead easy to make, only takes 20 minutes and a great tasting snack. The only problem is stopping at just 1...
Ingredients- 1/2 packet Arnotts Milk Arrowroot biscuits
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tbls cocoa powder
- 2 tbls rum
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 3 tbls dessicated coconut for coating
- Put the biscuits in a sealable sandwich bag and gently crush with a rolling pin
- Transfer to a medium sized mixing bowl and add the next 4 ingredients. Use a sieve for the cocoa to remove lumps.
- Stir and combine into a stiff mixture.
- Use a spoon to extract enough mixture to roll into a ball a bit less than 1 inch diameter.
- Coat with dessicated coconut and then place onto a baking tray.
- Repeat for all the mixture (this quantity makes about 20 rum balls).
- Place the tray in the freezer for several hours and then transfer to containers for storage in the freezer.
- Can keep for weeks in the freezer but put them in the fridge on the day you want to eat these.